PathAway GPS Express Edition v5.61.04.01
Requirements: Android 2.2 or higher
Overview: Outdoor GPS Navigation, Tracking, and Mapping app for recreational or pro use.
Powerful and versatile GPS application for any outdoor recreational or professional use. Record tracks, capture points, create and follow routes, navigate with online, cached, or custom imported maps. The Express Edition is a fully customizable navigation and mapping solution with support for customized PathAway maps. Use the PathAway tools to create and calibrate your own layered maps. Any digitized map can be turned into a moving map navigational chart. PathAway maps can also be created or acquired from third-party sources. Visit pathAway.com for links to PathAway map sources.
PathAway’s powerful feature-set makes it useful for backcounty and outdoor adventure or any off-road GPS activity such as aviation, boating, off-road driving, hiking, cycling, touring, Geocaching, rally racing, motorcycle touring, running and athletic training, ballooning, fishing, hunting, paragliding, mountain climbing, ultra-light flying, canoeing, snowmobiling, scuba diving, outdoor education, mapping/GIS, mining, military training, surveying, site inspection, telematics, field data collection, search and rescue, or any application where location is important.
- Tried and tested software base developed with user feedback over the last 10 years on many different mobile device platforms;
- Use online maps from Google maps, OpenStreetMap, OpenCycleMap (Topo), USGS Topos and aerials, FAA USA Aviation charts, ArcGIS World and USA Topographic, Natural Resources Canada topographic maps;
- Maps are downloaded on-the-fly as you travel;
- Maps are cached for off-line use when connectivity is not available;
- Import and use customized PathAway maps created using PathAway Map Creation Tools or 3rd party Mapping Applications;
- perform extensive GPS track logging limited only by system memory;
- track in the background while using other applications or with the device locked.
- Pause and continue track timer for precision timing;
- One touch “BackTrack” feature to find your way home after recording your way out;
- Manage and Edit Track logs and track points;
- Capture points, describe by name, icon, description, photo from gallery or camera;
- Over 100 icons to choose from;
- Manage and Edit Points;
- Organize your points by creating multiple Points Databases;
- Navigate using point-to-point or multi-point routes;
- Create navigational routes simply be tapping on the map to add or insert route points;
- Proximity to point and off-track Alarms;
- Auto Rotate maps to direction of travel
- Uses build-in magnetic compass for slow speed directional location. Great for Geocaching when you’re trying to pin-point a cache..
- View navigational information on a customizable dashboard;
- Map View or Compass and Info Views;
- Multiple coordinate grid and datum display including lat/long, UTM, OSGB, MGRS, MGA, GGRS87, Warschauer, Localized Grids for Austria, Germany, Quebec, Sweden, Switzerland, Israel.
- Import/Export GPX, KML, KMZ, and PathAway delimited files.
Version 5.61.04.01 – Feb 17 2012
- Added New Zealand Transverse Mercator 2000 (NZTM2000) Grid Coordinate System
- Added: New German localizations
- Added: “Take Picture” to point context menu.