Requirements: Android version 2.1 and higher
Overview: A high battery drain is often a limiting factor for a great user experience.
With BetterBatteryStats you can analyse the behavior of your phone, find applications causing the phone to drain battery while it is supposed to be asleep and measure the effect of corrective actions:
- Spot drainers based on detailed information about the root cause
- Use the online Knowledge-Base to find how to reduce or remove the wakelocks
- measure the effect of actions to reduce drain
- detect changes in the awake/sleep profile and quickly find the causes (rogue apps)
In other words BetterBatteryStats helps you to get the best out of your Android smartphone.
Please don’t use the market’s feedback system for support. In case of issues or for any question or suggestion please contact me by e-mail or use the contact information from the about box.
Litening ROM users: if you have a pre-installed version you must delete it from /system/app prio to installing it from the market.
Keywords: wakelock, kernel wakelock, partial wakelock, reduce battery drain, optimize battery life, save battery, battery drain, saving battery
- android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE is used only for writing dumps to the SD. In case you don’t need that feature please fell free to remoke that permission. It won’t have any side effect besides disabling that feature
- android.permission.BATTERY_STATS is obviously the permission to access the internal statistics and can not be revokes without making the app unusable
- android.permission.INTERNET is required to access the online Knowledge-Base and Google Analytics. If you want to revoke this permission please make sure that the KB and GA are disabled in the preferences
- android.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE is required for Google Analytics. You can opt-out from GA from the “Advanced Preferences” and revoke this permission
- android.permission.RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED is required for cleaning references. Revoking this permission may affect the results of kernel wakelocks and custom reference until new references were saved
- android.permission.READ_PHONE_STATE is required to detect when the phone was turned on/off in order to store references for advanced diagnosis
- android.permission.DEVICE_POWER is required to detect when the phone is disconnected from the charger and store the corresponding kernel wakelock reference. Revoking this permission will lead to losing “since unplugged” in kernel wakelocks
BetterBatteryStats is open source so you can inspect/review/ contribute and submit issues or feature requests. Please check the about dialog for further details.
Please note that comping from pre-1.9 release this release will reset the preferences of default stat and stat type
tapping widget open BBS with disregard to the selected stat/stat type
“test” menu removed
broken stat type constants leading to no values in BBS
(hack) missing perm “android.permission.BLUETOOTH” leads (for unknown reasons) to the error that BBS can not connect to the batteryinfo service
added network usage report back
added an alert mechanism (watchdog) to notify about high awake times while screen was off
the content of “other” stats can be defined on prefs
preferences to set the stat/stat type to be shown when bbs is opened by tapping on a widget
messed up icons sizes
widget writes log to SD
text about ratios poorly formulated (in how to)
automatically switch widgets to another stat in case “custom” is defined and no reference is available
add battery percentage and voltage lost during reading to dumpfile
widget does not refresh till screen is rotated on tablet
widget alarm still called when screen is on even when no widgets were added
implemented cpu state reporting
“since” time not always shown
functionality to decode eventX-YYYY processes
graph layouts are not looking good on high res devices
Statistics: Posted by wodeaigsq — Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:37 am