Star Chart v2.07
Requirements: Android 2.1+
Overview: Star Chart – The best selling smart phone astronomy app comes to Android!
Now you can have a virtual star chart in your pocket! Look through the eyes of your Android device* to see a virtual window into the whole visible universe.
All you have to do is point your Android device* at the sky and Star Chart will tell you exactly what you are looking at.
Using state of the art GPS technology, an accurate 3D universe, and all of the latest high tech functionality, Star Chart calculates – in real time – the current location of every star and planet visible from Earth and shows you precisely where they are; even in broad daylight!
Want to know what that bright star is called? Point your device at it – you might just find out it’s a planet!
Want to know what the night sky looks like to people on the other side of the earth? Well just point your device down!
Want to know where your star sign is in the sky? Star Chart will tell you all this and more.
Star Charts features include:
- Just point and view. No need to scroll around the screen to find out what you are looking at*.
- Alternatively, look around the sky using finger gestures – perfect for armchair astronomers!
- Supports dynamic device orientation viewing. Allows you to view the night sky whilst holding your Android device at any angle.
- Accurately depicts all the visible stars of the northern and southern hemispheres – a total of over 5000 stars!
- Displays all the planets of the solar system, plus the sun and the moon.
- Displays all 88 constellations, with constellation imagery based on the beautiful artwork by 15th century astronomer Johannes Hevelius.
- Includes entire Messier catalogue of exotic deep sky objects.
- Tap on anything in the sky and get the facts on what you are looking at, including distance and brightness.
- Very powerful zoom function, lets you view the sky in extra detail, using intuitive finger gestures.
- Fully configurable. Star Chart displays only the sky objects that you are interested in.
- Allows you to view the sky underneath the horizon (unlike other more expensive applications). So now you can see where the sun is, even at night!
- Manually set your location to find out what the sky looks like from anywhere in the world.
- Full search feature
- Installable on an SD card
What’s in this version:
Restored shaders to Samsung Galaxy S2 except for those running 2.3.3
Orientation problem fixes for: Dell Streak running 2.2.2, Motorola Razr, Acer Iconica & Archos 101
HUD text sizes are also fixed
Statistics: Posted by hth2813 — Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:24 am